Thursday, September 27, 2007

Project: Delphi for .NET review

CodeGear has come out with a new version of Delphi for .NET development.

The company seems a lot more vital than Borland, though I can't comment on their "Application Lifecycle Management" business. Maybe that rocks the ALM world.

But as far as development goes, CodeGear has revitalized Delphi and made forays into PHP, Ruby, and Eclipse-specific Java tools.

In fact, my current problem is that an important outlet for me, DevSource.com, isn't particularly interested in non-dotNet/non-Visual Studio stuff. It's always been an MS-sponsored site, but the previous editor (Esther Schindler) was willing to entertain anything she thought would drive eyes to the site. This isn't to suggest that the current editor (Jeffrey Cogswell) is doing anything wrong--it's entirely possible that the readership is only interested in MS stuff--but that I need to find more outlets.

I've been considering starting my own online tech magazine, which probably isn't very bright given the other projects I have going, but I miss the days of PC Techniques. I need reviews of software tools, but I love light-hearted writing and little projects that remind us why we got into the business to begin with.

In the meantime, I have a review in progress about Delphi-dotNet for DevSource.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.