Monday, December 3, 2007

About The Boy

I should mention at this point that one of my frequent companions on my trips to the movies is The Boy, a precocious 12-year-old right winger (honestly, I didn't know they made 12-year-old right wingers) who is at an age I remember well.

The Two Towers was ruined for him by the completely unrealistic (from a military strategy standponit) battle of Helm's Deep.

He thought Beowulf was stupid. And Shoot 'em Up! And...well, most of the actions movies that really are stupid. I remember being that age and thinking the same thing about Star Wars and Raiders of the Lost Ark. (Seriously, it took me a decade to get over Star Wars' stupidity and accept it on its own terms.)

He enjoyed Lars and the Real Girl and described Amazing Grace as non-stop action (rather perceptively, I must say, even if the action involves a lot of legal wrangling).

Anyway, in the future, you may see me add "The Boy says...'It was stupid'" or something, and now you know that it's not my inner 12-year-old, but a real, live boy. (Unless I'm lying about this whole post! Oooh! Meta!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.