Monday, February 1, 2010

Last Night I Dreamed

Last night I dreamed
That I won a Grammy
It was presented to me
By Debbie Harry

I ran up on stage in my tux
I gulped and I said, "Aw, shucks."
"I'd like to thank my producer,
and Jesus Christ."

The audience gave me
A standing ovation
I shed tears of joy
I shed tears of elation

Behind the podium there
Debbie grabbed my derriere
And I'd like to thank my producer
And Jesus Christ.

I took my Grammy, and Debbie
And I walked off stage
We made the cover of Cashbox
And the Random Notes Page

In the weeks that followed
Things went fine for me
An Oscar, a Tony, and an Emmy

Bo Derek and Barbara Mandrell
Meryl Streep and Tammy Terell
A Pulitzer and a Nobel
Five gold and one bronze as well

And I'd like to thank my producer
And Jesus Christ.

(Congratulations to Loudon Wainwright III, for finally winning that elusive Grammy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.