Sunday, March 9, 2008

Confession Time

For the record, I rather liked Sunshine. Not great, but with a lot of good moments.

I also like Sarah Jessica Parker.

I don't like alcohol. I don't like food cooked in alcohol if I can taste the alcohol (and I almost always can).

Madonna used to impress me. In the great pop music diva wars of the '80s, I placed my street cred on Cyndi Lauper (over Madonna) being a musical force into the future. After getting over being wrong, Madonna's persistence surprised me. But I'm back to thinking she's played out. (I hear she has a new CD coming, so who knows.)

Natalie Dormer
makes a far hotter Anne Boleyn than Natalie Portman. Portman is lovely but I can't see her radiating the sort of seductive sexuality that Dormer does on "The Tudors".

Virtually every director I loved as a kid and was excited to see more of petered out by the '80s. Not one has lived up to Howard Hawks or Alfred Hitchcock or Frank Capra. This is not surprising, but it is somewhat depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.