Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Anderson Tapes

TCM aired a rare Sean Connery movie called The Anderson Tapes on Friday. (I think it's sort of become "rare" recently; it may have been a TV staple in pre-cable days.) I tuned in late, so I didn't watch it much, but I had to stop because I saw Christoper Walken as "the Kid".

He really did look like a kid, too, though he was in is late 20s. And then I saw Dyan Cannon, who was one of my earliest movie crushes. There's only seven years between them but Sean was letting his baldiness come through--which actually just makes him cooler, in my opinion.

As clinical matter, keeping with the theme of this blog, I feel obliged to point out that Ms. Cannon has not ever had the pointy breasts.

By the way, Dyan Cannon was married for a short time to Cary Grant. If you're a Cary Grant fan (as I am), you probably don't want to know about this, since it reveals a much less glamorous Grant than his impossibly suave persona.

But they had a kid, his only and her only, I think. She is, as you might imagine, quite good looking, and has her mother's smile:

1 comment:

  1. Geez, Blake...we keep having the same crushes. LOL. Amy Adams and Dyan Cannon.

    She was really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.