Monday, May 4, 2009

Well, That Sucked!

I basically lost April from that damned ear infection, which now appears to be cleared up. My ears aren't right yet, but that'll take longer.

I started doing the same nutritional program as The Boy, only a bit more severely. I've just finished two weeks without meat, sugar, white flour--you know, all the good stuff.

Perhaps surprisingly, this hasn't been particularly hard. Despite Trooper posting pictures of pastry. (Hey, the best thing is still on the menu.) And I have eaten like this before, even if it was as a strident, organic-lovin', tofu-munchin', birkenstock-wearing post-teen.

Guess I should've kept it up.

Anyway, meat should be okay, at least in small quantities, after a while. And I don't plan to always be saintly. But for now, I'm on the wagon.

Weep for me.

2 comments:

  1. Don't knock the healing power of pastry. A couple of cannoli's some espresso and some sambuca and you will feel a lot better. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel bad. Which strikes me as ominous.

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.