Thursday, May 21, 2009

Water, Minerals, and Incredible Things

Well, The Boy has been on this new diet for two months. So far, everything that the nutritionist has suggested would happen has happened. He's had a few crashes that slowly came back up, but now we're at the point where his body needs less fake insulin, or so the theory goes.

In practice, he's reduced his per-meal insulin by half, while maintaining excellent blood sugar levels. He's less thrown off by dietary lapses, as well. Too many carbs raise his blood sugar less dramatically and for less long. (It used to take him days to get it back under control sometimes.)

As for me, well, I'm losing weight. Sort of funny: I think the walking for 20, 30 plus hours a week built up muscle as much as it reduced fat, so no weight change. Not losing weight drinking the water is a little harder to explain, except that I was very dehydrated.

I'm not supposed to be exercising right now and meat is out, to say nothing of the various junk foods, and it's difficult to impossible to maintain my weight without those things. (No tragedy; I can stand to lose a few pounds.) I am missing exercising, though.

Encouragement to be as good as I can so as to get my body in good enough shape to actually use it, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. How about milk shakes. When I was kid and people were too skinny they made them drink milkshakes.

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.