Wednesday, March 18, 2009

On Eating Less and Exercising More

Last year I decided to lose ten pounds. I'm not sure how I did it, specifically. I just...decided, and in the space of a couple of months lost the weight. This is something I've done in the past, as well. Yes, I probably just exercised a little more and ate a little less, but I didn't follow a plan or anything.

I mention this only because, since last summer, I've been exercising a lot more. And for the past couple of months, my diet has been rather dramatically changed. I'm drinking a lot more water and eating a lot more vegetables.

And I haven't lost a pound.

This is sort of amusing. The point, of course, wasn't to lose weight but to improve my health in other ways, so I'm not complaining. I just think it's funny. To some degree, the weight gain may be from water and muscle growth--some of my clothes seem to be fitting differently--but still, I must be eating to compensate for both the increase and activity and replacement of my #1 vice--carbonated sugary beverages--with water.

On a lark, I may actually try losing weight again, to see if I can drop another ten.

Bodies are interesting things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.