Monday, September 29, 2008

Manic Monday Apocalypso: Woops!

I can't recall whether it was "Network" or some other later satire on TV Networks that had some dimwitted character suggest a sitcom based on the aftermath of a nuclear war, but I do recall laughing hysterically--in that slightly maniacal way I have--when the fledgling Fox network put out "Woops!" which was, essentially, "Gilligan's Island" post-Apocalyptic style.

Or so I'm told. I didn't watch it at the time; I had some idea that that would be encouraging poor taste, if only in the abstract. (Not that the world has ever needed my encouragement.)

The lead in that short-lived series, Evan Handler, has gone on to have quite a career, as the narcissistic co-star in the almost equally short-lived "It's Like, You Know", appearances on "Law & Order" (he did it!), "The West Wing", and as the gross slob who wins over the overly-prim Charlotte in "Sex and the City". He's currently a regular on David Duchovny's Showtime series, "Californication".

This show should not be confused with the just-has-to-be-better Brit series and movie, "Whoops Apocalypse".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.