Saturday, December 20, 2008

Treadmill Desk, Weeks 16 & 17

I haven't posted much on my treadmill desk lately because I've cut back over the past few weeks, first to curb foot pain and then just because of the holidays. I've probably only done in the 10-15 hour a week range.

For the most part this hasn't had any negative effects. I'm getting more agile. The recurring problem I have is that once I get on the treadmill it's easy to overdo. I wasn't home for most of today, yet I still ended up doing about three-and-a-half hours. I probably should have stopped an hour sooner.

I've been doing more of the Wii Fit, too. Although it works the legs heavily, it does so in an entirely different way, with subtle controlled movements. It reminds me of Callanetics. It does matter, though, if I do a long day on the treadmill. It's harder to do those subtle, controlled movements after seven hours on a treadmill.

The Boy and I are starting weightlifting this week, too. I've heard that's very good for blood sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.