Friday, June 20, 2008

Who is the tall dark stranger there?

Maverick is his name.

(h/t Ace of Spades.)

I'm not voting for McCain. McCain/Feingold cinched that for me, and it didn't help that later McCain said he'd take corruption-free politics over the First Amendment (as if that weren't paradoxical).

Also, the Reps need to be spanked hard. Spanked until all the old-school pork-eating, we-had-ten-years-to-reform-things-but-preferred-lining-our-pockets, let's-do-something-about-nothing neurotic, psychoitic pig-headed politicians (apologies to John Lennon) fall are shook loose.

I've been hearing the various partisans on Althouse talk with complete certainty about which is bigger: The pissed off Dems or the the pissed off Reps, and I don't know. Someone over there said it was liberating to not like either candidate. I suppose that's true, but since I've yet to really like a serious Presidential candidate, I don't find it all that free.

7 comments:

  1. Dude that last bunch of posts on the over 200 comment thread seemed like it was a lot of work for no real pay off. You can't argue with some of these guys. I hope you enjoyed it. But it seemed like a lot of work. You are too talented to waste your time with that. Your own posts and insights are much more interesting. Just sayn'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a kind of masochism, I think.

    I actually usually skip Montana's comments because I had him pegged as a hardcore leftist. But he said something that reeled me in, so I'm giving him a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On the other hand, maybe I should just write horror stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that it is a trap to get into the back and forth with some of these dudes. It's like the guys at the bar. I always made it a practice to say hello and be nice but never to get in a real conversation with the regulars. Because when you first meet them they seem interesting and have a story to tell. But then everytime you see them they tell the same story. In the same way. Why their boss is an asshole. Why life sucks. Why you can never get ahead. When you just want to tell them: "Look dude, maybe your life would be better if you weren't in the bar complaining every fucking day of your life." Some of these posters strike me as the same kind of people. I think a light touch, a quick drive by is the way to go. But hey that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a post about James Garner. Don't fool me like that when I got my load on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Man.

    Hey, Garner's kind of a commie, too, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anybody that enjoys red meat so much that they make him a spokes model for steak gets a pass in my book.

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.