Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sydney Pollack, RIP

Sydney Pollack died of cancer this weekend.

I liked almost none of his movies. The Gehry documentary was cool, but I loathed Out of Africa, The Interpreter, Tootsie and a lot of the other movies he was famous for.

But he seemed like a good guy. I always thought it was kinda funny/cool that he turned up in movies. I also saw him in person last year and wanted to give him kudos on the Gehry thing but didn't want to accost. He looked pretty healthy.

Cancer sucks.

1 comment:

  1. He always seemed like a real smart guy. Just too liberal for my tastes. I always get him mixed up with Sidney Lumet. Both fiercely intelligent liberals, you had to listen and respect their opinion, just agree to disagree. May he rest in piece.

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.