Friday, August 29, 2008

"I wanted a mission. And for my sins, they gave me one."

Apocalypse Now is on TCM. It's so fitting to watch this after Tropic Thunder, which parodied it mercilessly.

I still love Apocalypse Now--I know some people think of it as a bloated college project film, but I think it's one of the greatest movies ever made.

I've knew a vet who thought Apocalypse Now nailed the experience, and a Gulf War vet who said it capture the surreal feel of battle in general.

Update: Still love it. Great cinematography, great acting, great editing, great sound, great music--Coppola managed to make scenes out of the hash Brando was serving--just a great film. That said, I can't imagine watching another 45 minutes in the "Redux" version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.