Thursday, August 7, 2008

Treadmill Desk, Day 7

190 minutes. A little foot massage over the past few days has eliminated the foot pain I was feeling earlier, and actually may have helped on a larger scale. Or it may be the walking; I'm finding less stiffness in my tendons.

My lower back is much less stiff today. Yeah.

I think I'm capped out at 240 minutes a day on this current treadmill. Since it needs to rest--and things often distract during the time I'm off it--I'll be lucky to get all four hours in a day.

I may switch to the laptop. The "desk" is steady and if I'm on for 30 minutes and off for 30 minutes, it's probably going to be a lot less disruptive to just use the laptop for the whole time.

So far, so good. I'll start getting serious and posting some numbers, if anyone's interested.

2 comments:

  1. My dad was having a lot of foot pain, to the point he thought he was going to have to quit walking. But then he found http://www.footsolutions.com/mtprospect/page-mbt.html and it really helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting.

    I seldom wear shoes.

    I'm pretty sure my foot pain is caused by an extremely sedentary period I went through. I figure my tendons shortened, as with people in comas.

    The walking seems to be helping a ton.

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.