Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ouch & Whoa!

The Sitemeter fiasco yesterday cost me about 20% of my traffic. If you missed it, Sitemeter made some change to their code that didn't agree with IE7.

Actually, even though the error was caused by IE7's famous non-standard-ness, IE7 overall is not that bad; but I cleaned up so many messes from IE6 and earlier versions, I'd never, ever, ever recommend anyone use a Microsoft browser.

Some of you might be interested in the latest Firefox or Opera, which are both free. I use Firefox more, but Opera has been a staple of mine for a decade. (I use them in different ways. I tend to keep Opera up for heavy research and Firefox for more casual day-to-day browsing.)

Meanwhile, the usual pointy-breasted and Traci Lords searchers are being diluted with Treadmill Desk mania! That's kind of cool.

We'll see how things proceed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.