Monday, August 4, 2008

Treadmill Desk, Day 5

An hour session, followed by two forty-five minute sessions, followed by another hour. The two 45 minute ones were due to the treadmill shutting off. I waited for a half-an-hour after the first session, and a full hour after the second and third. Weirdly, the fourth session I was able to go for an hour without the treadmill cutting out. The only difference were a couple of bathroom breaks.

This did not turn out to be the trial-by-fire day I was expecting. I've put my old desk chair on the treadmill in-between using it and it sort of works. I'm a good four feet from the screen; the mouse is out of reach, and the keyboard's in my lap.

I'll probably have to get a new treadmill sooner rather than later. I've found working while standing has a very limited utility. (I've never been good at standing around. It seems to stress my lower back. More Wii-Fit may help.)

I'm hungrier than usual.

So far, I haven't come across anything undoable, though I do find, at this point, tiredness and stiffness is a factor. The more tired and stiff I am, the more I sway when I walk. Swaying makes working more challenging, particularly the mouse.

And so it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Please join us other treadmill deskers at http://officewalkers.ning.com.

    -Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer, Brad. I checked it out. Looks good. I probably won't sign up, though.

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.