Thursday, August 21, 2008

Olympic Fevah

It's pretty bad around here. Staying up all hours and getting emotionally invested in the games.

Yeah, they're rigged. They always are, one way or another, and the competitors know it. That makes it all the more intense. You have to be that much better than the judge's bias.

I'm less sanguine about the tendency to whitewash the totalitarian horror that is Communist China, but really, I'm don't see how harping on it would've been better. China shouldn't have gotten the Olympics in the first place, if that was going to be an issue.

And it's hard for me to have any antipathy for the Chinese people, just as I can't help but find Russians lovable whatever crappy thing their government does.

I do know that I could look at this smile all day:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.