Friday, August 15, 2008

Treadmill Desk, Day 14

100 minutes today. Would've been more but I was awaiting the new machine.

The new treadmill arrived at 1:00am, as a sort of good news/bad news thing.

The good news was that Sole gave me a free upgrade! From the S73, which I had felt was probably good enough, to the S77, which was the machine I had initially looked at, with the stronger motor. Apparently they don't make the S73 anymore. That's a $200 free upgrade which might be good for anyone in the area ordering a machine.

I like these guys. Not just for the upgrade, but for the bad news part. You can tell a lot about a company by how they deal with bad news.

In this case, the bad news was the trucker decided to "help" by taking the machine off the truck himself without using a dolly. So he dragged it a ways, then started turning it end over end. (I'm not making this up!) By the time it hit our driveway, the box was torn in places and there were visible scratches on the unit!

I assume that his goal was to get out of there ASAP, and I sort of wonder if his plan wasn't to high-tail it out of there before anyone noticed the damage. He should have made a lot less damage, though, if that's the case.

We ended up calling the shipping company and not accepting delivery. Then we called Sole, who cheerfully agreed to send us out a new machine. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.