Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Author Reads A Review

Hey, this is kind of cool.

Debra Hamel stumbled across my review of her book and blogged about it. (Ego-surfing, Ms. Hamel, are we? Actually, it's sort of embarrassing, since she found my review the day after I did it and I'm just now finding her link back.)

Makes me wish I hadn't made hash of that review.

It's funny. I've written, literally, millions of words. And I'm not talking about online, either. I wrote a thousand words a day, every day for probably 15 years. Mostly fiction. In the past fifteen years, I've written a ton of non-fiction, including three published books and countless articles.

Yet when I write for the blog, I feel like I'm trying to find my voice anew. Something casual but not completely scatterbrained. Yet it comes out like the ADHD special. Well, I'm new to this form, I guess. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

5 comments:

  1. Most of the authors I've corresponded with are below par letter writers. "Chatty" doesn't seem to be in their repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the day, people pestering me for letters were fond of pointing out the volume of correspondence done by Austen, Steinbeck, Poe, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about her book, but she looked really hot in the bath tub scenes in Hill St. Blues. Plus she likes Italian guys. Whooo Hooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey is any of your fiction on Amazon? I would take a gander, especially sci-fi or mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha...Debra Hamel, Veronica Hamel, what's the difference right?

    Though word is Veronica's age has caught up with her (as it must eventually all of us).

    No, I have no published fiction, I'm afraid. Just non-fiction. My fiction sits in a box in my garage, occasionally to be trotted out as kindling....

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.