Saturday, July 26, 2008

"You're Quite A Good Chicken Strangler As I Recall"

I cannot watch Alfred Hitchcock's Rope without being fascinated by the cityscape of New York City (1948) in the background.

The clouds move slowly by, the lights flicker off and on, and it's hard to believe that it's just an elaborate model. (Yeah, it looks like an extremely elaborate model, but Technicolor is like that.)

I mean that tonight you've made me ashamed of every concept I've ever had about inferior and superior beings. I thank you for that shame.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone knows that the best chicken stangler is Mr. RH Hardin of Pervert Corner, Ohio. Of course when he is choking his chicken, it is an actual chicken and not a metaphor.

    However there remains a sexual component, best not discussed on a family friendly blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there chicken choking competitions? Do we want to know?

    ReplyDelete

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.