Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolved

I only put up a few of resolutions last year.

I wanted to exercise in a more structured fashion. Mission accomplished there.

I wanted to read a book a week. Nope. I don't think, anyway. I didn't keep track. But I still have this big pile of unread books so...no, I don't think so. I'm going to try this again this year. What I have to do is take some of my late-night 'net reading and switch to books.

Most of my failures to accomplish seem to fall under the category of "developed competing time-consuming habit." Heh. I mean, it's certainly not like I didn't do a ton of reading last year. But I think the problem, in part, with limiting one's reading to blogs is that there's a limited amount of topics you can get depth on. And a limited area of fiction. (Though I did read Pride & Prejudice and Turnabout online last year.)

So I put up an average of nearly 2 posts a day here in 2008. And, perhaps surprisingly, movie reviews take a fair amount of time, as do the longish screeds. But I've been doing that online since '91, and is probably the whole reason I hang out online at all.

So that probably won't change.

I'd like to put up some original music and writings in the next year, and take another crack at the NaNoWriMo. We'll see how that goes.

The business hit some snags last year. I've got some ideas how to proceed; we'll see how those pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.