Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slow Fast

Had to take the weekend to care for the sick. (Next week, I'll clothe the poor. It's just the kind of guy I am.)

I realized this afternoon that it had been 16 hours since I had eaten.

That used to be more common for me. I'd just stop eating. After the initial "I'm hungry" phase went away, I'd actually feel better not eating. At one point I went over three days. (Paradoxically, perhaps, the key to fasting for me was to stay physically active.)

I guess you're supposed to prepare for fasting somehow or drink water or juice to stay hydrated, but when I've fasted I've usually done it off the cuff and without drinking anything either.

I've often wondered about it. It can't be a good thing to be better off not eating, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grab an umbrella. Unleash hell. Your mileage may vary. Results not typical. If swelling continues past four hours, consult a physician.